Since 1996, Home Instead Senior Care
has been a trusted source of home
care for San Francisco Bay Area seniors.
Home Care Near You
Home Instead CAREGivers are ready to help seniors live independently - allowing them to enjoy the day - to - day activities they have come to count on.
News and Resources
- Home Instead awards grant to California food bank
- Genworth 2013 Annual Cost of Care Survey: Nursing Home Costs Up, At Home Care Prices Remain Relatively Flat, 70% Choose lower cost in-home care options
- Join Home Instead Senior Care for this day-long seminar with Teepa Snow
- Home Instead Senior Care® Named Top Franchisor of the Year
- Reasons Seniors Hang On to Stuff
- Dementia Updates with Teepa Snow
- Frequent Mental Lapses May Precede Alzheimer’s
The Top Ten Fears of Elderly Adults
Many of the fears that aging adults experience relate to the biggest challenge they say they face: staying active. According to a recent survey conducted for the Home Instead Senior Care network, seniors worry about the future, beginning with the loss of their independence.*
1. Loss of independence.
2. Declining health.
3. Running out of money.
4. Not being able to live at home.
5. Death of a spouse or other family member.
6. Inability to manage their own activities of daily living.
7. Not being able to drive.
8. Isolation or loneliness.
9. Strangers caring for them.
10. Fear of falling or hurting themselves.
“We regularly see seniors who are literally trapped in their homes because they are too weak to perform many of the activities they need to remain safe and independent, or to even enjoy life,” says Home Instead Senior Care Co-Founder and CEO Paul Hogan. “That’s why staying active is viewed by so many as vital to healthy aging.”